Monday, May 30, 2011

A day to remember those who serve past and present.

To all of those who have served and are serving... God bless you
and thank you. You make me PROUD to be an American.
My husband and I passed by Fort Sam Houston a couple of
weeks ago, and I said "turn around lets see if we can get in".
We were able to drive right in... I had to get out and see this
amazing sight. I wanted to touch each and every headstone
and thank them for their service. I have no words to describe
the feeling I had while standing there among such brave souls.
I touched as many headstones as I could and thanked them.
While saying a little prayer at each one, I noticed one that
had served in three wars. WOW! Along with the pictures
I'm going to add a video that was posted on a fallan Marines
memorial site. I am going to give the link to  Lance Cpl. Aaron C. Austin.
Please leave a message for his Mother De'on, she is an
amazing Mother of a fallen Marine.

God Bless our troops.







                                                   http://vodpod.com/watch/997498-until-then-homeward-bound

                                             http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/oif/profiles/austinaaronc.html



1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi Diane...I can only imagine how moving an experience that must have been. Great photos, too. Susan